What is a Little Scientists House
An education and care service or school that has successfully applied to Little Scientists and received the Little Scientists certification plaque. Becoming a Little Scientists House shows your service or school’s dedication to early childhood STEM education.
The certification plaque you receive is a signal to your children, parents and the wider community that you have a commitment to providing quality, hands-on, inquiry-based STEM learning.
Why become a Little Scientists House?
Certification demonstrates a service’s dedication to inquiry-based STEM education. It promotes the service as an active learning environment that incorporates educational concepts such as inquiry-based learning, metacognition and co-construction.
Our Little Scientists House certification entitles you to:
- your personalised Little Scientists House plaque
- the certification logo, which you can display on your website or other documentation
- ongoing support from the Little Scientists team
- a place on our Australia-wide interactive Little Scientists House map
Steps to becoming a Little Scientists House
You are eligible to apply if your service is committed to ongoing inquiry-based learning and scientific exploration. Two of your educators have each attended two Little Scientists Workshops.
- When you have a documented project, then you’re ready to apply. The project needs to have enough depth to extend and challenge children’s learning.
- Complete the form on this page to request an application form.
- Applications are reviewed by Little Scientists following our approval and quality criteria.
- Little Scientists lets you know if your application was successful or if you need to provide further documentation. Your service has become a Little Scientists House. Your plaque is on its way; start planning the award presentation.