Why become a Little Scientists House?
Recognition for best practice in schools and early childhood settings is important.
The Little Scientists House STEM certification program identifies to your children, parents, peers and the wider community, your service’s commitment to hands-on, inquiry-based STEM education.
It is designed to recognise services and schools that promote an active learning environment, incorporating best practice elements such as inquiry-based learning, metacognition and co-construction.
Little Scientists House certification entitles you to...
How to apply
- be able to demonstrate their commitment to ongoing inquiry-based learning (via project documentation)
- have two educators who have each attended two Little Scientists workshops.
You are eligible to apply if your service is committed to ongoing inquiry-based learning and scientific exploration and two of your educators have each attended two Little Scientists workshops.
Complete the quick ‘Expression of interest’ form on this page to receive information about the Little Scientists House program, helpful tips and information on how to run an inquiry-based project with children, and to have one of our team contact you to discuss how we can support you through the application process.
Once your expression of interest has been received, you’ll be provided access to purchase the application package ($165).
- At time of purchase, you will receive the application form.
- Within 4 weeks you will receive further support materials by post including: Our STEM project book ‘Everyday STEM inquiry in Practice’ and our STEM starter cards.
Applications are reviewed by Little Scientists, following our approval and quality criteria. Little Scientists lets you know if your application was successful or if you need to provide further documentation.
Once your application has been successful
- You will receive a certification plaque to display on your service. The plaque identifies to your children, parents and the wider community that you have a commitment to providing quality, hands-on, inquiry-based STEM learning.
- Your service will be added to our Little Scientists House map, showcasing services who have demonstrated a commitment to STEM.
Expression of interest
We are currently calling all early childhood services to enter their projects into our Early STEM Award. As the award submission is very similar to the Little Scientists House application, we encourage anyone interested in becoming a Little Scientists House to apply for the Early STEM Award. This does not require any additional effort but gives you the opportunity to be publicly recognised for excellence in early STEM education and to win prizes for your service! Once you’ve entered the Award, we will be in touch to process your application.