Our certification program, Little scientists House, identifies to your children, parents, peers and the wider community, your service’s commitment to hands-on, inquiry-based STEM education. It is designed to recognise services and schools that promote an active learning environment, incorporating best practice elements such as inquiry-based learning, metacognition and co-construction.
Our Little Scientists House certification entitles you to:
- a personalised Little Scientists House plaque
- the digital certification stamp, for use on your website, newsletters and documentation
- ongoing support from the Little Scientists team
- a listing on our interactive Little Scientists House map
Timeline to becoming a Little Scientists House
You are eligible to apply, if your service is committed to ongoing inquiry-based learning and scientific exploration and two of your educators have each attended two Little Scientists workshops.
- Expressions of interest: complete the quick form on this page to receive information about the Little Scientists House program, helpful tips and information on how to run an inquiry-based project with children, and to have one of our team contact you to discuss how we can support you through the application process.
- Once your expression of interest has been received, you’ll be provided access to purchase the application package($165).
At time of purchase, you will receive the application form.
Within 4 weeks you will receive further support materials by post including: Our STEM project book ‘Everyday STEM inquiry in Practice’ and our STEM starter cards.
- Applications are reviewed by Little Scientists, following our approval and quality criteria. Little Scientists lets you know if your application was successful or if you need to provide further documentation.
- Once your application has been successful
- You will receive a certification plaque to display on your service. The plaque identifies to your children, parents and the wider community that you have a commitment to providing quality, hands-on, inquiry-based STEM learning.
- Your service will be added to our Little Scientists House map, showcasing services who have demonstrated a commitment to STEM.