Celebrating the work of some of the amazing services we have developed a relationship with over the years, we have collected 20 inspiring projects from all over Australia, with child-led project work on a diverse range of topics, including water, engineering, sustainability, mathematical abstraction and the natural world. Our early STEM project book is a perfect resource for all early childhood services who are committed to inquiry-based STEM education.
If you would like to make exploration and research part of your daily practice, if you would like to find out more to discover children’s interests and support them through longer-term projects or if you are looking for guidance on how to recognise opportunities for researching as a group, you will find some great examples in this complete, practical and beautifully illustrated project book.
Things to discover and enjoy in this book:
- Descriptions of 20 real-life child-led projects in early childhood settings
- How each project started and how it progressed through different stages
- Details of numbers and ages of children involved as well as project duration
- Interesting facts for adults, which include scientific background, areas for further exploration, ideas for your own practice
- Book recommendations for your children that might spark questions and investigations about each STEM topic
- Beautiful illustrations.