Little Scientists is an initiative of FROEBEL Australia Limited (FROEBEL) and any reference to ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’ in these terms and conditions (Terms) refers to Little Scientists and to FROEBEL. Your use of any of the materials pertaining to the Little Scientists House program is governed by the Terms. By applying to the Little Scientists House certification program, you acknowledge and accept these Terms.
The aim of Little Scientists is to provide children aged from three to six years enrolled in education and care services across Australia (such as day care, pre-schools, kindergarten, outside school hours care, vacation care, family day care, occasional care, etc.) with hands on and age-appropriate educational experiences in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Little Scientists House certification program ensures the quality of these experiences in the early childhood setting. The certification program ensures that qualified educators actively include scientific technical, engineering and mathematical content in their educational work by offering a range of professional development and program modules.
- Application Payment
We will send you an application form once your payment has been received. We will send you a Welcome Package within 3 weeks of the payment being confirmed. We reserve the right to change the contents of this package if supplies are limited. If you are affected by such a change, you will be notified.
- Application Fees
The standard fee for the Little Scientists House application is $165 (including GST) per early childhood setting. The fee includes the application form, processing, one copy of our STEM project book, one set of our STEM starter cards, Little Scientists House certification plaque, and inclusion of your service on the interactive Little Scientists House map. The application fee is non-refundable.
To fully benefit from the Little Scientists House certification program you are expected to use the available coaching, and Little Scientists support materials to submit an application. The plaque will be awarded after you have submitted your application form with supporting documentation in full and it has been successfully assessed by the Little Scientists team. An application will NOT be processed if the early childhood service submitting the submission has not met the selection criteria stated on the website.
- Successful Applicants
Successful applicants will receive a certificate and a plaque to say they have been successful in their application to become a Little Scientists House. Little Scientists will publish the service’s name, location, and details on the website, in/ on the interactive map and on social media for publicity purposes unless instructed not to in writing. Little Scientists may mention details of the submitted project and activities with the children unless instructed differently.
- Unsuccessful applications
We reserve the right to not award a service a Little Scientists House Plaque and Membership if the standard of the application is insufficient. The application can then, after taking the feedback into consideration, be submitted only once more.
- Removal of Little Scientists House status
The plaque and membership to the Little Scientists House program is valid for 2 years from the date of granting. The use of the branded materials, inclusion on the Little Scientists Map and the membership of the program is for 2 years only. A further application will be required at the end of this membership period. Little Scientists reserves the right to cancel your membership of the Little Scientists House certification program at any time.
- Intellectual property
- All Little Scientists IP is either owned by FROEBEL, or by Haus der kleinen Forscher Foundation, and FROEBEL has a licence from Haus der kleinen Forscher Foundation to exploit the Little Scientists IP in Australia.
- You must not:
- directly or indirectly contest or impair the ownership or rights in the Little Scientists IP; or
- represent that you have any ownership interest in the Little Scientists IP.
- Little Scientists House Support Materials
- You may only use the Support Materials in accordance with these Terms.
- You must not copy, alter, adapt or modify the Program Materials.
- You must not publish or distribute the Program Materials other than as expressly permitted under these Terms.
- You must acknowledge that the Program Materials are used under licence from FROEBEL and in any promotional materials for the Little Scientists House Program.
If you learn or have reason to believe that:
- any unauthorised person has come into possession of any part of the Program Materials; or
- any person has made any improper or unauthorised use of the Program Materials or Trademark, you must immediately report full particulars to us.
- Little Scientists House Intellectual property
You must act on the assumption that the materials and content pertaining to the Little Scientists House Certification program on the Website, including all editorial materials, information, workshop material available for download, photographs, illustrations, artwork and other graphic materials, and names, logos and trademarks, are our property and are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws. Any such content may be displayed and printed solely for your personal, non-commercial use within your organisation only provided that any copyright notice on such a display or page is not removed. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any such material to any third party without our express prior written consent. Save for the preceding, and unless expressly granted, we do not grant any licence or right in, or assign all or part of, our intellectual property rights in the content or applications incorporated into the Website or in the user interface of the Website.
- Changes to these Terms
We reserve the right to amend, modify, add to, delete or make any corrections to these Terms at any time. We will notify you of any amendments to the Terms by posting them on our Website. Your ongoing use of the Website following any changes to the Terms will confirm your acceptance of the changes.
Every provision of these Terms is independent of the other and any provision or part of a provision, which is prohibited or unenforceable will not affect the enforceability of the other Terms.
- Limitation of liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we and our directors, managers, officers, employees, agents, contractors, successors or assigns, are not, nor will be, liable for any damages whatsoever, including direct, indirect, consequential, special and punitive damages and damages for lost profits, arising out of, or that are in any way related to, your access to and use of the Little Scientists House certification program and materials pertaining to, these Terms, a breach or wrongful act by use in connection with these Terms.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales and applicable laws of the Commonwealth of Australia.
- The parties irrevocably submit to the non–exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and relevant Federal courts and courts competent to hear appeals from those courts.
- Entire Agreement
These Terms supersede all previous oral and written agreements or arrangements, if any, in respect of their subject matter and embody the entire agreement between the parties.
- The photos and/or videos you have submitted may be used for promotional purposes on social media or on the Little Scientists website.
- Little Scientists will destroy the photographs, video and audio provided if you withdraw this consent.