Fizzle, crackle, crash, boom, bang; delve into the world of everyday sounds.
Explore the presence and absence of sound, create your own sound maker and tell a sound story. Emphasise the potential of peer group learning in co-constructed environments and reflect on the educator’s impact on group dynamics.
About this workshop
During this seven-hour workshop, you will engage in STEM inquiry by exploring acoustics in hands-on ways. You will uncover how co-constructed environments support peer group learning and reflect on the role of the educator in enhancing children’s verbal and non-verbal communication with peers.
As an interactive session, you will experience the effects of group dynamics on the learner and understand how to create a collaborative environment in your setting. By the end of this workshop, you will have extended your repertoire of age-appropriate acoustics experiences and feel comfortable facilitating peer group learning.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- recognise how co-constructed environments support peer group learning
- reflect on the role of the educator in enhancing children’s verbal and non-verbal communication with peers
- experience the effects of group dynamics on the learner
- explore the world of sound by listening to the environment
- discover acoustics by producing sounds, making noise and experiencing silence
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM.
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Who should do this course?
This workshop is designed for early childhood educators and teachers, educational leaders and leaders with managerial responsibilities.
There are no prerequisites for this STEM Acoustics workshop. Prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Something to think about before the workshop:
- How much guidance to I provide when exploring with children?
- How do I feel about STEM?
More workshop topics
Book your workshop
Duration: 1 day | Cost: $215pp
100% of profits from your booking fee are used in funding towards education projects, such as a literacy program for young girls.