About this workshop
During the workshop, educators will acquire skills in inquiry-based STEM learning to support children’s natural curiosity and inquisitiveness in scientific research. The Dyson segment will bring an additional angle to the topic, by leading an exploration in air quality technology, encouraging educators to investigate what’s in the air with the children in their service.
Following the workshop, participants will receive a complimentary Dyson Pure Hot+Cool™ purifying fan heater that can sense, capture, project, heat and cool you – with one fan allocated per service. You will be well resourced to illustrate what you’ve learnt and to help start your children’s own journey of discovery.
In order to qualify for the complimentary Dyson Pure Hot+Cool™ purifying fan heater, services must register a minimum of two educators per booking.
This workshop aligns with the principles, practices and outcomes of the EYLF, NQF and the Australian Curriculum.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- learn how early education can foster children’s metacognitive development
- uncover how communication, reflection and questioning enhance children’s ability to think about their own learning
- experience the effects of different prompts and questions on the learner
- explore air through touch, sound and movement
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Who should do this course?
This workshop is designed for early childhood educators and teachers, educational leaders and leaders with managerial responsibilities.
There are no prerequisites for this STEM Air workshop. Prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Something to think about before the workshop:
- How am I currently supporting children’s research and discovery?
- How can I help children reflect on their learning?
- How can I help children learn how to learn?