About this workshop
During this seven-hour workshop, you will engage in STEM inquiry by exploring air in hands-on, interactive ways. You will learn how early education can support children’s metacognitive development and will uncover how communication, reflection and questioning enhances children’s ability to become confident life-long learners.
The interactive nature of the session will provide the opportunity to experience the effects of prompts and questions on the learner. By the end of this workshop, you will be equipped with tools to support children’s journey of discovery through questioning and collaborative reflection.
This workshop aligns with the principles, practices and outcomes of the EYLF, NQF and the Australian Curriculum.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- learn how early education can foster children’s metacognitive development
- uncover how communication, reflection and questioning enhance children’s ability to think about their own learning
- experience the effects of different prompts and questions on the learner
- explore air through touch, sound and movement
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Who should do this course?
This workshop is designed for early childhood educators and teachers, educational leaders and leaders with managerial responsibilities.
There are no prerequisites for this STEM Air workshop. Prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Something to think about before the workshop:
- How am I currently supporting children’s research and discovery?
- How can I help children reflect on their learning?
- How can I help children learn how to learn?