Discover chemistry in everyday life, handle ‘dangerous materials’, make a mess while experimenting with carbon dioxide and explore the properties of white substances in this Chemical Reactions workshop.
Learn how children’s language development can be enhanced through STEM inquiry.
About this workshop
During this seven-hour workshop, you will discover chemistry in everyday life. You will engage in chemical experiments exploring white substances, make a mess experimenting with carbon dioxide and find chemistry in your kitchen cupboard. The workshop will provide you with the principles of language development and help you understand the potential of STEM inquiry for language development.
By the end of this hands-on and interactive workshop, you will recognise opportunities for age-appropriate chemical exploration in your setting and know how you can support children’s language development through STEM inquiry.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- discover the chemistry in everyday life
- engage in chemical experimentation by exploring substances and making a mess with carbon dioxide
- learn about the fundamentals of language development
- understand the potential of STEM inquiry for language development
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Who should do this course?
This workshop is designed for early childhood educators and teachers, educational leaders and leaders with managerial responsibilities.
There are no prerequisites for this STEM Chemical Reactions workshop. Prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Something to think about before the workshop:
- Where do children experience chemical reactions in their everyday lives?
- What do I currently do to support children’s language development?
More workshop topics
Book your workshop
Duration: 1 day | Cost: $215pp
100% of profits from your booking fee are used in funding towards education projects, such as a literacy program for young girls.