Use your inventiveness and creativity to address real needs and thoughtfully design technologies for the future in this Design and Technologies workshop.
Explore technical inventions of the past, optimise present-day technology and design sustainable solutions for the future. Appreciate the relevance of technology education for children’s understanding of the world and encourage their creativity and innovative spirit.
About this workshop
During this seven-hour workshop, you will engage in technical learning through design, production, investigation and analysis and you will learn how to foster children’s technical competence. You will understand the potential of technology education for assessing the impact of technologies on society and the environment.
The session will provide the opportunity to engage with design and technologies in a hands-on and fun way and you will acquire a variety of technology education approaches you can use in your setting.
By the end of this workshop, you will be prepared to help children identify needs and design technical solutions.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- learn how early education can foster children’s technical competence
- embrace ethical decision-making as an important part of technology education
- engage in technical learning through design, production, investigation and analysis
- recognise the importance of communication, evaluation and assessment for technical learning
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM.
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Who should do this course?
This workshop is designed for early childhood educators and teachers, educational leaders and leaders with managerial responsibilities. There are no prerequisites for this STEM Design and Technologies workshop. Prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Something to think about before the workshop:
- What was the last technical issue the children and I tried to solve?
- How does technical development affect children’s lives?
More workshop topics
Book your workshop
Duration: 1 day | Cost: $215pp
100% of profits from your booking fee are used in funding towards education projects, such as a literacy program for young girls.