About this workshop
During this seven-hour workshop, you will learn how to scaffold children’s interest in anatomy and will explore exciting functions of the human body. This hands-on workshop will help you identify opportunities and challenges of this STEM topic and provides you with ideas for age-appropriate experiences. You will learn about the benefits of using and making scientific models in an early childhood setting and understand why and how to evaluate models with children.
By the end of this workshop, you will know how to support children with their questions about the human body and feel confident to include scientific models into your practice.
This workshop aligns with the principles, practices and outcomes of the EYLF, NQF and the Australian Curriculum.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- scaffold children’s interest in the human body
- discover the benefits of using and making scientific models in an early childhood setting
- understand why and how to evaluate scientific models with children in age-appropriate ways
- engage in hands-on experiences with the human body through your senses
- collect ideas for age-appropriate experiences with the topic
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Who should do this course?
This workshop is designed for early childhood educators and teachers, educational leaders and leaders with managerial responsibilities.
There are no prerequisites for this STEM Human Body workshop. Prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Something to think about before the workshop:
- Have I worked with scientific models before and if so, how?
- What questions related to the human body, have the children in your setting had lately?
Feedback from previous Human Body workshops
This workshop is amazing. It is fun and very engaging. I am normally shy when attending workshops but this one is so engaging that I gained and learned a lot. I am so glad I participated… Gisela is amazing. I am now happy to share what I have learned with my team. Human Body, Blue Mountains