Enjoy a day full of lights, colours and optical illusions. Explore the land of mirrors, colourful shadows and nature’s paint palette.Appreciate the magic of colour, mirrors and shadows through the eyes of a child. Discover the empowering effects of child-led inquiry projects in early childhood and become immersed in your own inquiry project.
About this workshop
During this workshop, you will uncover the potential of inquiry projects for children’s development in interactive and hands-on ways. Learn how to maximise children’s participation in the decision-making process and how to foster the collaborative and innovative spirit of your group.
You will explore common concepts of colours, mirrors and shadows and develop ideas for scaffolding children’s learning while gaining a basic understanding of visual perception.
By the end of this workshop, you will be equipped with a portfolio of ideas for inquiry projects and will have a sound understanding of the structure and purpose of projects in early childhood education.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- discover the potential of inquiry projects for effective practice in early childhood education
- create a stimulating environment for children to support the collaborative and innovative spirit of your group
- collect ideas for inquiry projects that scaffold children’s learning and development
- explore children’s concepts of colours, mirrors and shadows
- understand the fundamentals of visual perception
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Who should do this course?
This workshop is designed for early childhood educators and teachers, educational leaders and leaders with managerial responsibilities.
There are no prerequisites for this STEM Optics workshop. Prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Something to think about before the workshop:
- What was my role during previous projects?
- How did the project start and what did the children learn?
More workshop topics
Book your workshop
Duration: 1 day | Cost: $215pp
100% of profits from your booking fee are used in funding towards education projects, such as a literacy program for young girls.