Explore water with all your senses in this STEM water workshop, investigate the different aggregate states and test the solubility of various substances.
Discover how to create a nurturing learning environment through STEM inquiry with reflection on your current practice.
About this workshop
During this hands-on workshop, you will create a co-constructed learning environment by exploring water. You will investigate the concepts of free exploration, prompted exploration and demonstration and discuss their role in inquiry-based practices.
You will be given the opportunity to critically reflect on the challenges and successes in your current STEM practices, explore your role in a co-constructed environment and practise documenting children’s learning.
By the end of this workshop, you will be equipped with real-life ideas on how to create a nurturing setting for children to explore STEM in age-appropriate ways.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- understand the important role of inquiry-based learning in early childhood education
- learn how to create a co-constructed learning environment
- investigate the concepts of free exploration, prompted exploration and demonstration and discuss their role in inquiry-based practices
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- investigate the different aggregate states and test the solubility of different substances and explore water with all your senses
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM.
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Who should do this course?
This workshop is designed for early childhood educators and teachers, educational leaders and leaders with managerial responsibilities.
There are no prerequisites for this STEM Water workshop. Prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Something to think about before the workshop:
- How much guidance to I provide when exploring with children?
- How do I feel about STEM?
More workshop topics
Book your workshop
Duration: 1 day | Cost: $215pp
100% of profits from your booking fee are used in funding towards education projects, such as a literacy program for young girls.